[Paraview] versions > 2.4 crashing painfully

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Feb 6 19:18:23 EST 2007

I have compiled PV 2.9 alpha with -g (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE debug) which I
confirmed by make VERBOSE=1. I run PV in gdb, it crashes on a file load,
with NO stack:

Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
It might be running in another process.
Further execution is probably impossible.
0xb1d511f0 in ?? ()
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb1d511f0 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4c2ad1c in ?? ()
#2  0x08095048 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

My guess is I should use debug versions of QT and VTK too, but I didnt
see such configure options..?

--ds

Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich