[Paraview] animations with Xdmf Format

Eric Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Dec 14 11:39:20 EST 2007

Hey Dinesh,

If your data is a regular grid in all dimensions (2 or 3DCORECTMESH in
Xdmf) then .vti format would be appropriate.

Earlier this week I wrote a Python script which grabs data from an
HDF5 file (sim output from my collaborators) and writes .vtu files for
unstructured grids and .vti files for the image data. Since it was my
first Python program, I'm not sure how nice it is, but it works. It's
also not very generic -- I needed a fast solution for a presentation
next week, so it's very tailored to my application and HDF5 file
structure. With these caveats, if you'd like to look at it as an
example, I can send it to you.

Otherwise, I don't know of any converters out there. Maybe someone
else has done this in a more general and elegant way.

Talk to you later,
-Eric