[Paraview] ParaView 3 and PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Dec 7 14:33:06 EST 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007 12:24:44 pm Kent Eschenberg wrote:
> Clint,
>
> Thanks but those Wiki pages don't answer 2 important questions. I assume
> references to "GUI xml" and "client xml" are equivalent.
>
> 1) Where does all the information shown in the "Extend" example go, that
> gives the name of the C++ class and describes the GUI?

Nowhere.  That is a Paraview 2.6 thing.

> The example from
> "Plugin" (which you provided in your message, below) doesn't show any of
> that.

ParaView3 generates the GUI automatically.  If the generated GUI isn't what
you want, you have to write a plugin.  The GUI/client xml I gave below is to
tell the file dialogs what file extensions go with what readers.

> 2) What if the custom module is a filter not a reader?

Then you don't have any GUI side xml or code at all.

Clint