[Paraview] ParaView cause crash! (Linux )

LV Jiangning car_lens at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:22:14 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply!

I run glxgears, it gives the same warning:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
2861 frames in 5.0 seconds = 572.090 FPS
3003 frames in 5.0 seconds = 600.597 FPS
2989 frames in 5.0 seconds = 597.705 FPS

If I compile the paraview from source using Mesa, will it has problem to
view a really large file( ~100M) without hardware  acceleration?

Thanks,

Jiangning

>From: "Berk Geveci" <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
>To: "LV Jiangning" <car_lens at hotmail.com>
>CC: paraview at paraview.org
>Subject: Re: [Paraview] ParaView cause crash! (Linux )
>Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:09:04 -0400
>
>It does sound like your OpenGL drivers are busted. You can always
>compile paraview from source using Mesa (mesa3d.org) to by-pass your
>drivers. That should fix your problem (at the cost of not having
>hardware acceleration during rendering). Another alternative is to
>update your OpenGL drivers. Have you tried running another OpenGL
>application such glxgears?
>
>On 8/31/07, LV Jiangning <car_lens at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My computer has died 3 times in half an hour. I tried different
versions of
> > Paraview, they are the same. Every time I run paraview, it has a
warning:

> > libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
> > And it also cause some abnorml graphic effect.
> >
> > It sounds like my computer cannot handle graphics adequately since
paraview
> > can break it.  The other possibility would be with memory or the way
the
> > kernel is working under maximum load.
> > Is there a way to use paraview in a non-graphics mode to test its
> > manipulation of data and
> > then use the same data to produce the crash when attempting graphics?
Does