[Paraview] ParaView cause crash! (Linux )

LV Jiangning car_lens at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:55:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

My computer has died 3 times in half an hour. I tried different versions of
Paraview, they are the same. Every time I run paraview, it has a warning:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
And it also cause some abnorml graphic effect.

It sounds like my computer cannot handle graphics adequately since paraview
can break it.  The other possibility would be with memory or the way the
kernel is working under maximum load.
Is there a way to use paraview in a non-graphics mode to test its
manipulation of data and
then use the same data to produce the crash when attempting graphics?  Does
paraview have a debugging mode?  That said, it does look like the graphics
is the problem.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks!
Jiangning