[Paraview] clipping cylinders...

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:13:42 EDT 2007

Moreland, Kenneth a écrit :
> There are a couple of things happening here.  First, the data associated
> with the transform filters are still visible and being drawn on top of
> the clipped group.  The visibility of the transform filters really
> should be turned off when the group filter is applied (that was the
> behavior of ParaView 2.6 and makes more sense).  I submitted a bug
> (http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=5580) for this.  It should be
> easy to fix and I expect the fix to be in ParaView 3.2.  In the mean
> time, just click off the eyeballs next to the transform filters.
>
> The second thing that you are seeing here (which you may already be
> familiar with) is that the clip filter is changing the shading at the
> endcaps.  The cylinder has a somewhat funny feature in the geometry
> where the points are duplicated to give a different normal for the side
> and top surfaces.  Some filters, like the clip filter, use a point
> locator that resolves these points into a single point, a process that
> can mangle the normals.

Hi Kenneth,

If I understand the first point,
I can't get the second.

BTW, how can I cut two cylinders at mid-height by one horizontal plane ?

Due to an issue already seen here (related to color lost with clip
filter for instance),
I guess it is not possible to cut two cylinders which have two different
colors, right ?

I can cut one colored cylinder, but not two.

Cheers

--
http://scipy.org/FredericPetit