[Paraview] Paraview3 External plugin - call sequence

Philippose Rajan sarith at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 19 11:51:28 EDT 2007

Hello,

Could someone give me a brief overview of the sequence of events (functions called for example), when I load an external "Reader" plugin, a "GUI" plugin (which allows me to load specific file types), and then open a file which is meant to be handled by this custom reader?

A plugin which worked in Paraview 3.1.0 (July snapshot) does not work anymore after I compiled Paraview 3.1.1 (from CVS), and I would like to trace the possible reason for the error which says:

Invalid output port : 0 . Available number of output ports : 0
Segmentation Fault

Regards,

Philippose