[Paraview] Extensions to PVD and VTK File Formats

rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Fri Aug 17 08:23:56 EDT 2007

Citando Kent Eschenberg <eschenbe at psc.edu>:

> We are looking into using the PVD file format to store 1.5 terabytes
> containing over 6,000 time steps and using thousands of files.
>
> The amount of storage could be significantly reduced with the addition
> of some extensions.
>
> For example, the data is transient but the geometry is not so the plan
> is to invent a way to reuse the geometry.

Why not follow what is done in Ensight case files?! In Ensight format you just
specify the pieces of data by listing it in a case file. The same thing should
be straightforward with XML-based VTK format. However, I'm not sure if you can
put the geometry in a vtu file, the set of transient results in other vtu files
and assembly everything in a unique pvd file using wildcards.

cheers

Renato.