[Paraview] Re: Unable to connect to pvserver in client/server mode

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:59:31 EDT 2007

I have solved the problem, it was nothing to do with pvserver or paraview. Actually the server was not allowing any communication through port 11111. I contacted the system administrator of the server and he fixed the issue. I am now able to connect to the server and work properly.

>>I have build ParaView3 sources on my local desktop machine and a remote server. I plan to use the ParaView3 in client/server mode. The sources are compiled with openmpi and osmesa on both the client and server. I have enabled password less ssh from my desktop to server.
The problem is that when I start the pvserver on server and try to connect the paraview client through command line option, the client fails to connect to the server and displays an error.

>>On server side the pvserver runs without a problem.
[raashid at n0 ~]$ cd src/cvs/ParaView3-unix-new/bin/
[raashid at n0 bin]$ ./pvserver
Listen on port: 11111
Waiting for client...

>>On client side.
raashid at ICC-PUNE-DSK-20:~/src/cvs/ParaView3-unix-new/bin$ ./paraview --server=192.168.3.48
ERROR: In /home/raashid/src/cvs/ParaView3/VTK/Parallel/vtkClientSocket.cxx, line 53
vtkClientSocket (0x872a4a8): Failed to connect to server 192.168.3.48:11111