[Paraview] ParaView3 client/server command-line options

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 7 16:39:24 EDT 2007

Thanks for your response.

It works for me to create a minimal default_servers.pvsc file:

<Servers>
<Server name="hostname" resource="cs://hostname" owner="site">
</Server>
</Servers>

in the default location.  In my case, this is the same directory in
which the paraview executable resides.

I can then run the paraview client on the command line as:

./paraview -s=hostname

Has there been discussion of adding back in support for a simple
command-line option to specify a server resource, for cases in which a
richer, XML-based description is not needed?  I'm just curious, and
would like to avoid having to write into a user's default_servers.pvsc
file to get them connected.

Tom