[Paraview] paraview on intel core 2 duo

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:20:18 EDT 2007

My guess is that the precompiled binaries for OS X are 32 bit. I am
not sure if anyone has successfully compiled VTK as a 64 bit binary.
You would definitely have to install/wait for Leopard (10.5) as that
will be the first version of OS X to have 64 Bit support in the GUI.
VTK depends on either Carbon or Cocoa. When Leopard does arrive it is
most likely that you will have to build against Cocoa to get 64 bit
support.

There are others on this list that might be able to give more
information..
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer