[Paraview] ParaView3 client/server command-line options

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 3 19:16:25 EDT 2007

In ParaView 2, one could launch the ParaView client against a remote
server with a command line like:

    ./pvclient --server-host=remotehost

I'm trying to do the same with ParaView3, which appears to have a
differently-named client executable with a different set of command-line
options, using:

    ./paraview --server=cs://remotehost

which fails with:

    Could not connect to requested server " cs://remotehost ". Creating
default builtin connection

Based on what I've been able to determine from the wiki, specifying a
'server resource' in this way should work, but it does not.

I can connect to remote servers from within the UI.

Should I be able to specify a remote server on the command-line in this
way in PV3?  Is there a different way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Uram