[Paraview] Cannot select from ExtractDataSets filter in ParaView3

Marzio Sala marzio.sala at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:49:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

I just downloaded and compiled QT-4.2.3, and checked out the sources of
ParaView3 this morning using CVS. I was able to compile ParaView3 on Suse
Linux with no problems.

Then, I tested my installation by loading an EnSight file, which is composed
by several parts. To select the parts of interest, I use "Extract DataSets",
which on ParaView-2.6.1 has a list of parts to choose. With ParaView3,
instead, there is no list to choose from... so the filter has an emtpy
output. I was able to extract some parts with "Extract Group", but this
latter requries IDs and not names.

Is this a bug?

Thanks for your help,
-Marzio