[Paraview] Writing a TecPlot reader

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Apr 6 18:21:08 EDT 2007

Hi Nachiket,

A Tecplot reader would be a very useful addition to ParaView. However,
I have to warn you that the Tecplot format is very rich in features
and writing a reader that supports all of it would be quite a bit of
work. Maybe we should start putting together whatever we have and
continue on improving it with time. John, I know you guys have at
least a few different versions. Is there anything that could be put in
VTK without too much effort?

I would also like to see a CGNS reader in VTK/ParaView...

-berk

On 4/6/07, Nachiket Gokhale <gokhalen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIt seems that VTK/Paraview does not have to ability to read TecPlot ASCII
> files directly -- perhaps it is because the TecPlot format is not well
> documented. It seems to me that reading TecPlot ASCII files would be a
> useful feature to have in VTK/Paraview and I've been thinking of creating a
> patch to do this. Do let me know if such a patch would be useful.
>
> Any pointers on how to do this, file formats etc would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -Nachiket

 Berk Geveci
 Kitware Inc.