[Paraview] Rotating a cylinder

Marco Maneta mpmaneta at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 26 15:02:14 EDT 2006

Hello to the Parview list,

I am a new Paraview user. I use it to visualize the effects of heavy
pumpage on groundwater. I am displaying a vector field of groundwater flow
around the well and I would like to place a cylinder to indicate its
location. I enter information on the location of the well in a cylinder
source and the cylinder nicely shows up, the problem is that when I rotate
it 90dg to put it paralel to the z axis the cylinder simply disappears. In
fact it is only properly displayed when it is at the default orientation,
it vanishes at any other.

The data set uses world coordinates (UTM coordinates) for the southern
hemisphere. I am running PV precompiled version 2.4, release 4 for Windows
on Windows XP Professional SP2. I have searched the mailing list to check
if this problems was reported before but found nothing.

I am not sure if the information I provide suffices. I will be happy to
provide any other information that would help find out the problem

Marco P. Maneta
University of California, Davis