[Paraview] ccmake error paraview-2.9-september (linux): CMake was unable to find desired QT version: 4.

Peter J. Bismuti pjb9508 at vashon.ca.boeing.com
Mon Sep 25 19:06:58 EDT 2006

I'm having trouble running ccmake with paraview-2.9-september (linux).
Must qt version 4 be used?  There is an variable called "desired version of
QT" which seems to imply version 3 can be used.

Believing that qt version 4 must be used, I installed it and set the following
variables:

QTDIR=<root of qt4 build directory>
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=$QTDIR/bin/qmake
QT4_QGLOBAL_FILE=$QTDIR/include/Qt/qglobal.h

I'm still getting the error message below.  Can anyone please tell me how to
fix this?

Thanks in advance

____________error message______________________________________-

CMake was unable to find desired QT version: 4. Set advanced values
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE and QT4_QGLOBAL_FILE.

 QtCore library not found.

 QtGui library not found.

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /acct/pjb9508/VTK/paraview-2.9/VTK/GUISupport/Qt/CMakeLists.txt:35:
 Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_CPP".

CMake produced the following output
                                                                                                               CMake
Version 2.4 - patch 3