[Paraview] how to visualize velocity field with streamline

yi mu mugjfyi at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 18:40:32 EDT 2006

I have a polygonal dataset in vtk format, the polygonal data is defined by points and vertices. The data attributes are: scalars and vectors. I was able to use glyph filter to show the velocities,  but when I tried to use stream tracer, nothing happen, no matter where I seed my streamline.  What  should I do to show the velocity filed  by using the streamline ?

 Any help are appreciated!

 YM