[Paraview] Data translation

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Tue Sep 19 13:31:15 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I'd like to know if there's any way to open an Ensight server-of-server set
of files in Paraview and save the parallel transient data in another format
more well suported by ParaView like VTK's formats. I'm still using PV 2.2.1
because most of the features that I'm interested in are not fully suported
in the newer PV releases. I've already thought to write a routine to save my
files in another format, but, I still have a bunch of simulations stored in
Ensight's format.

Have anyone implemented any kind of translation tool yet?

Thanks for any hint

ps.: I wonder see some volume rendering movies from my simulations...

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro