[Paraview] Clip Hang

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Mon Sep 18 12:46:59 EDT 2006

I've seen this before with a VTK application - if FindPowerOfTwo() is
called without a current OpenGL context, glGetIntegerv() fails, leaving
its (uninitialized) arguments unmodified.  A short-term workaround that
was successful for me was to initialize maxDimGL to zero in
FindPowerOfTwo() before calling glGetIntegerV(), then add some logic in
vtkOpenGLTexture::ResampleToPowerOfTwo() to ignore the FindPowerOfTwo()
results if they're zero.  Of course the correct long-term solution would
be to ensure that vtkOpenGLTexture::ResampleToPowerOfTwo() only gets
called with a current OpenGL context.

Cheers,
Tim

Timothy M. Shead