[Paraview] September snapshot of ParaView III

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Sep 11 13:50:39 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I posted the September snapshot of ParaView III. The download links and
announcements for all snapshots can be found at:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III_snapshots

This snapshot includes binaries for Windows, Linux (32 and 64 bit) and Mac OS X.
For those who have issues running the binaries, who cannot find the binary for
their system or who want to see/modify the source code, source archives are also
included.

New features to look out for include:

* Improved multi-view support:
   Try creating, destroying, maximizing, restoring and moving views. To move a
   view, click on it's toolbar and drag onto another view's toolbar.
* Improved server connection and start dialog
* Improved selection:
   Try turning on the element inspector before selecting,
   (View -> Element Inspector)
* More toolbar buttons including those for manipulating camera. Better icons are
   coming soon
* Separate camera undo/redo buttons for each view
* Dialog for changing application and view settings (Edit -> Settings)
* Capability to disconnect from server while saving an animation

Also check out:

* Custom filter dialog (tutorial coming)
* Undo/redo
* Custom reader/filter panels (try exodos reader, cut and clip)
* Python scripting

There is still very little documentation. Look at
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III to get more information on the new
features. We will continue adding more documentation to this page as we progress.

-Berk