[Paraview] MPEG not working on OS X

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Mon Sep 4 10:52:15 EDT 2006

So, for the uninitiated among us, could you pass along your configure
settings for ffmpeg? I tried the basic ./configure/make/make install and
then tried compiling paraview and I get the following error from the
paraview build:

Linking CXX shared library ../../bin/libvtkIO.dylib
ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the
-multi_module option
/usr/local/lib/libavutil.a(crc.o) definition of common _av_crc04C11DB7 (size
16)
/usr/local/lib/libavutil.a(crc.o) definition of common _av_crc07 (size 16)
/usr/local/lib/libavutil.a(crc.o) definition of common _av_crc8005 (size 16)
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(dsputil_mmx.o) definition of common _mm_flags
(size 16)
/usr/local/lib/libavutil.a(crc.o) definition of common _av_crcEDB88320 (size
16)
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(msmpeg4.o) definition of common
_ff_msmp4_dc_chroma_vlc (size 32)
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(msmpeg4.o) definition of common
_ff_msmp4_dc_luma_vlc (size 32)
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(msmpeg4.o) definition of common
_ff_msmp4_mb_i_vlc (size 16)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkIO.pv2.4.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [VTK/IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIO.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did a check out of the svn sources for ffmepg this morning.

Thanks.
Mike Jackson