[Paraview] Creating animation from timeSeries of data

Aditya Saurabh saurabh.aditya at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 05:01:09 EST 2006

Hi!
I need help here.
I have around 200 time series of turbulent flow dataset, each in a separate
legacy vtk file. Each one has velocity(vector) and pressure (scalar). I have
already applied filters on one of the files to create a wonderful velocity
streamline around vorticity isosurfaces. I tried to animate the series of
filters on the complete time series. However, it didn't work out. I added
all files in timeseries. Then I selected Tracks -> property as filename and
added each file as a separate keyframe. Let me know if I am doing something
wrong in this or if I missed something. I have read tutorials on
http://www.psc.edu/general/software/packages/paraview/tutorial/pvt.php?s=5
and http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:AnimationTutorial and several
others. However, most of them miss on creating animation from timeseries
data when each snapshot is in a different vtk file. Please help me. I have
to submit this animation urgently.
Thanks in advance.
Adi