[Paraview] VTK file formats

Christoph Moder mail at christoph-moder.de
Tue Mar 28 05:23:33 EST 2006

> Thanks for your effort, there is one thing missing, though: binary
> compressed non-based64'd - the "ultimate" storage way. It is possible
> only I couldnt figure out how to code it. Are you able to clear that up?

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2005-April/001332.html

According to this mail, you have to do the same as I have described for
binary appended data, except that you skip the base64 encoding, write
<AppendedData encoding="raw"> instead of encoding="base64", and use the
correct offsets.
However, I could not get it to work.

This is my test file; maybe I have made a mistake somewhere:
http://www.geophysik.uni-muenchen.de/~moder/Geowall/vox8_binary_appended_raw.vtu

Christoph