[Paraview] How to compile with MPI support?

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Fri Mar 10 13:28:43 EST 2006

At 01:17 PM 3/10/2006, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
>On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 10:55 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Is there any documentation on how to compile with MPI support?  Haven't
> > found it yet....
> >

>I've never found it either, but I've been slowly learning, and it's come
>up on the list a few times it amounts to :
>
>mkdir paraview_build_dir
>cd paraview_build_dir
>export CC=mpicc
>export CXX=mpiCC
>ccmake paraview_SOURCE_dir

Alternatively, turn on VTK_USE_MPI in CMake.  (It's an advanced
variable.)  Reconfigure.  If CMake can't find MPI on your system,
you'll need to specify where the MPI library and the include path for
MPI are on your system.  Once CMake knows where those are, run
Generate again from within CMake.  Then rebuild.

- Amy