[Paraview] python server manager usage

Charlie Moad cwmoad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 08:56:26 EDT 2006

I am trying to make use of the python bindings to the server manager.
I found sample code here:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2005-September/001960.html

It does not run however.  The problem I am running into is that the
vtkSMLODRenderModuleProxy has methods
GetRenderer/RenderWindow/Interactor that is supposed to return handles
to the corresponding objects.  It does sort of, because I can print
the objects and see all the details.  However, the python instances
only have the methods of vtkObject, so I can't call
renderProxy.GetRenderWindow.SetSize for example.  Is there an more
sample code out there, or is there a doc explaining the capabilities
of the python bindings to the server manager?

One more quick question.  Can you build vtk's python wrappings when
building paraview.  Paraview's python bindings pick up on some of my
vtk installation and caused errors, so I had to remove vtk.  I would
like to be able to have vtk and paraview both installed with the
python wrapping for both.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
     Charlie