[Paraview] X windows in client/server mode

Alain SENOT alain.senot at edf.fr
Thu Jun 29 12:46:21 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm working on a little cluster (<10 nodes) with hardware capacities.

This is an old subject but I would like to know how to set up server nodes
so that they can open X windows. Does it allow hardware rendering on the
server ? (if compiled with openGL)

Is it better to use client/data server/render server mode ? In this last
mode, is it possible to run the data server and render server on the same
node ?

Thanks,

Alain Senot
EDF Research