[Paraview] Problem with Compile on OS X-IV

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:50:38 EDT 2006

Looking at the cmakecache.txt file there are lots of references to /
opt.. Is there a special version of "make" you are using? Also I
noticed that you are trying to link against Python 2.4. THis will not
work. Stick with Python 2.3. There has been traffic on this list and
the VTK users list on this subject lately.

    Essentially you are mixing things that are installed by Fink and
things that are loaded on the system already. Those installed by Fink
will be in /opt... those installed by the system are in /usr...

   If you are thinking of just starting to make symlinks everywhere..
then the problem with that is that the actual paths that a library is
installed in is embedded in the library itself.

   You are going to pretty much have to walk through the cmakecache
file and find every reference to /opt and change it to its equivalent
in /usr.

Also, not sure what version of Paraview/VTK you are trying to build
but I would stick with official releases, and not from CVS unless
there is something that you absolutely need in CVS.

--------
Mike Jackson
imikejackson <at> gmail <dot> com