[Paraview] Cloud O'Points

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 7 19:15:10 EDT 2006

I did such things but outside VTK/PV and for tets only. Worked very nice
and fast as poor man's volume visualization. With a very large number of
points you will get nice cloudy results, but this will also be slow at
some point. You would need to implement a filter adding N random points
to a tet with N proportional to the cell scalar. A key is a function to
pick a uniform random point in a cell. Takes some head scratching for a
tet, no instant idea about arbitrary cell shapes.
Dominik

Kent Eschenberg wrote:
> I'd like to fill each cell in an unstructured mesh with point cells at random
> locations and with a density given by one of the cell variables. The result
> might be a useful alternative to volume rendering. I don't see how to do this.
> Any suggestions? Thanks!
>
> Kent
> Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

Dominik Szczerba, Dr.