Réf. : Re: [Paraview] Render filters on timesteps datasets

Alain SENOT alain.senot at edf.fr
Fri Jun 2 03:19:58 EDT 2006

I have the problem on Paraview release 2.4.3 (exectuable and compiled
version), on a Debian Sarge.

My data changes a little over time, except the geometry.

I changed the opacity of the CelltoPoint output to 0.2 so I can see inside
;)
By the way, that works fine if I apply the filter on the timestep on which
the CelltoPoint output was created.

Any other idea ?

Thanx

Alain Senot
EDF - Sinetics

eschenbe at psc.edu
01/06/2006 17:19

        Pour :  alain.senot at edf.fr
        cc :    paraview at paraview.org
        Objet : Re: [Paraview] Render filters on timesteps datasets

Hi Alain,

Works for me. My data is an unstructured mesh with 15 float scalars and
two float vectors at each cell. There are 193 time steps. The reader is
custom but it doesn't seem like that matters.

I'm using ParaView 2.4.3 on Linux (Redhat Fedora Core 4). You don't
mention which version you are using. Maybe older versions have problems?

The default visual output from CelltoPoint is the outer boundary of the
mesh. Could it be that your data changes little at the outer boundary over
time? In other words, does, say, an isosurface showing the internal data
change with time?

Or could it be that the visual output from CelltoPoint (the outer
boundary) is hiding the filter that you applied? For example, an
isosurface will always be inside the outer boundary. Try turning off the
display of the CelltoPoint drawing to make sure it isn't hiding what you
want to see.

Let us know if any of the above helps!

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

--On Thursday, June 01, 2006 04:56:55 PM +0200 Alain SENOT