[Paraview] ''Insufficient disk space'' message while there is 200Gb free space

Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com
Tue Jan 31 11:19:46 EST 2006

Just a thought, but Windows or *nix?

If *nix, quota?
--- joeri.wilms at aeolus-consulting.be
wrote:
Hello Paraview users,

> one of the regular error messages I have
while using Paraview is the
> following:
>
> "There is insufficient disk
space to save the images for this animation.
> The file(s) already written
will be deleted"

> --it is not true that there is no disk space
> --there
are no files already written to be deleted
> --I encounter this message often
when trying to write a series of images
> (.jpg .png) of a transient set
of data to merge them later into one
> animation.
> --I do have full write
access to the directory I'm trying  write to.
> Paraview even has written
previously a serie of images fro a very
> similar case.
> --exiting Paraview
en restarting does not solve the problem; rebooting
> the computer may help,
but not always.

> Anyone out there who recognises these symptoms? Any
idea of what might
> cause this behaviour?
>
> thanks in advance for
your help,
> kind regards,
>
> Joeri,
> Belgium
>

> --
> "Nobody
trusts a computer simulation except the guy who did it,
> and everybody trusts
experimental data, except the guy who did it."

> ir. Joeri Wilms
> CFD-consultant
>
> Aeolus Consulting
> tel. +32