[Paraview] Point Cloud in Ensight Case Format

Holger Bauer paraview at lampoldshausen.de
Fri Jan 13 12:10:58 EST 2006

Thanks for all the help. No, in the pull-down selection box of the
color field
there are then only the fields:

Color by:
Cell cellNormals (3)
and Point Normals (3) (+of course the normal uni-color "Property"
selection)
This is what drive me crazy ...

Any other ideas?

I have found a python script that basically converts the xyz data
into:

xyz + scalar .vtk data file. Using this just for the
point location information and setting simply the scalar value to the
z-coordinate (quick and dirty) the .vtk file is read and all the
colors are
displayed perfectly on the points. The file format is quite simple:

Therefore I decided to write a small program that parses the .case
file and
converts all the data into one single VTK file.

The converter (as far as I have understood) just takes all the points
and
defines single-vertex cells (whatever this is). However this can be
opened and
colorized in paraview without any problems.

Any further ideas (I think I still am doing something wrong) are
welcome ...

For those who are interested, this is the format of the .vtk file
that works:

- Holger -

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
loop