[Paraview] --render-node-port

James Galbraith james.galbraith at inl.gov
Wed Dec 6 10:09:55 EST 2006

Hi Amy,

Here are my configuration files.  They are pretty simple as I am just
trying to get a configuration working before I  go parallel with
anything.  I am trying to run the client and render server on my
workstation, with the data server out on one of our clusters.  I have a
firewall in the middle I am having to tunnel through, that's why all the
host names are localhost - so they'll pick up my tunnel.

Client:
    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <pvx>
            <Option Name="client-render-server" />
            <Option Name="connect-render-to-data" />
            <Option Name="data-server-host" Value="localhost" />
            <Option Name="render-server-host" Value="localhost" />

            <Process type="client">
            </Process>
    </pvx>

Data Server
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<pvx>
        <Option Name="render-server-host" Value="localhost" />
        <Option Name="render-node-port" Value="33331" />

        <Process type="data-server">
                <Machine Name="localhost" />
        </Process>

</pvx>