[Paraview] pvpython and scalar range

Milan Frank milan.frank at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 13:52:27 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to use ServerManager in python. I got stuck with the
DataInformation property.

I created a simple animation of scalar values. I need to get the
current scalar range. However, the DataInformation property (of the
source proxy) returns the scalar range from the whole animation.

I'm reading this information in this way:

    self._src.UpdateDataInformation()
    inf = self._src.GetProperty("DataInformation")
    inf = inf.GetSubProperty("PointData")
    inf = inf.GetSubProperty("Arrays")
    inf = inf.GetSubProperty("Elevation")
    inf = inf.GetSubProperty("ComponentRanges")
    min = inf.GetElement(0)
    max = inf.GetElement(1)

Are there any suggestions about how to reset these values for each
frame? Is there some other way where to go?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions,
Milan.