[Paraview] CHOMBO file converter for PARAVIEW

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Apr 25 12:30:33 EDT 2006

Berk Geveci wrote:
> Have you considered writing a native AMR reader for Chombo?
> VTK/ParaView support AMR datasets now.

I can confirm that native support for patch-based AMR is very good in
VTK. I just presented a poster highligthing our efforts using a combined
set of ParaView, and VTK+KWWidgets apps I developped to support our
scientists. Our data storage is also based on HDF5 which makes
integration and compilation trivial in ParaView.

for the more curious folks, the poster is on-line at the conference site:

http://knoppix.epfl.ch/colloqnum06/posters/18_Favre.pdf

Cheers
--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch