[Paraview] How to create parallel PVTU files?

Stephen Wornom Stephen.Wornom at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Apr 25 10:08:27 EDT 2006

Christoph Moder wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We would like to process large datasets on a cluster. Our software
> writes only monolithic *.vtk files, and I think that makes Paraview
> slow because large amounts of data have to be transferred over the
> network. So I think it would be a good idea to divide the data files
> into subgrids and store them in the PVTU format. (Correct me if I'm
> wrong.) But how can I do that? I have read about the
> vtkDistributedDataFilter; can I load the data, apply the
> DistributedDataFilter, and write the subgrids as VTU files, connected
> by a PVTU file? Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
> Christoph

I have the same or sililar question. I compute on a cluster and write
separate vtk files for each processor. Example using 4 processors.
P0.vtk
P1.vtk
P2.vtk
P3.vtk

Question: If I run the ParaView_mpi, how do I  get processor "0" to read
P0.vtk, and processor "1" P1.vtk, and  ...?
It would seem that the pvclient should use a tile display (4 in this
case). How does one use ParaView in this manner?
Stephen