[Paraview] How to create parallel PVTU files?

Christoph Moder mail at christoph-moder.de
Tue Apr 25 08:30:18 EDT 2006

Hi!

We would like to process large datasets on a cluster. Our software
writes only monolithic *.vtk files, and I think that makes Paraview slow
because large amounts of data have to be transferred over the network.
So I think it would be a good idea to divide the data files into
subgrids and store them in the PVTU format. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
But how can I do that? I have read about the vtkDistributedDataFilter;
can I load the data, apply the DistributedDataFilter, and write the
subgrids as VTU files, connected by a PVTU file? Any hints?

Thanks,
Christoph