[Paraview] ParaView 2.4.3 and OS X 10.4.6 - Build Problems

Rick Wagner guardian72 at guardian72.com
Thu Apr 20 17:23:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've just built ParaView 2.4.3 on my G4 PowerBook running OS X
10.4.6, using the instructions from the wiki: BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON;
VTK_USE_CARBON_OFF; VTK_USE_X ON. I used gcc4.0 and CMake 2.2.3.

The build chugs along and finishes, but when I try to run the
paraview executable, I get a segmentation fault. This also happens if
I try to run pvclient and connect to pvserver. The server process
starts up, but when paraview or pvclient display "Creating UI (main
view)...", they crash. I've tried running from both the build
directory and doing an install.

This seems similar to other postings I've seen, does anyone have a
suggestion as to how I should go about debugging this?

Thanks,
Rick