[Paraview] mpirun of paraview

John Patchett patchett at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 18 15:54:25 EDT 2006

It's probably MPICH, we have also witnessed the CPU spinning using
MVAPICH.  We wrote some code that found nodes with open receives show
high usage.  This makes sense that process 0 shows normal CPU usage
while the rest of the nodes in the job have open receives while waiting
for process 0 to tell them to do something.  I believe the behavior
causing the high CPU usage is called polling and you can build MVAPICH
(as well as MPICH??) with polling turned off.  I understand this will
simply increase your latency.

-John