[Paraview] color map and point clicking

Ziji Wu zwu5 at partners.org
Mon Apr 10 14:19:24 EDT 2006

Hi, there,

As a new user of ParaView, I have encountered a couple of questions.

1. ParaView is capable of loading 2 image volumes. But they seem to share
the same color map, which makes the fusion of the images difficult for
visualization. Is there anyway to get around this?

2. For my application, I'd like to have the point clicking capability,
ideally, on an oblique plane (cut plane?) or 3 orthogonal projection planes.
Is this available in ParaView. I've tried to use Pick or Probe but I'm
having a hard time to put the cursor exactly on the oblique plane I'm
viewing. It would be nice to let me click on the plane and have a point
marked there.

I'd appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
Ziji