[Paraview] Live Annotation

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Mon Apr 3 13:09:26 EDT 2006

Berk,

Thanks for the help.

Brian

>>> "Berk Geveci" <berk.geveci at gmail.com> 4/3/2006 12:20 PM >>>

Not all readers provide the information paraview needs for time
annotation. The reader has to provide a
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS() in the output
information during RequestInformation pipeline pass for the time
annotation to work.  Look at  VTK/Hybrid/vtkExodusReader.cxx to see
what the reader has to do.  This information array has to provide the
time value for all steps. If paraview encounters this key, it will
automatically put up the time annotation in the lower right corner.
The annotation can then be edited from 3D view properties ->
annotation.

-Berk