[Paraview] Live Annotation

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Mon Apr 3 11:04:35 EDT 2006

Dan,

Berk can probably explain this better than me.

The readers have a similar functionality, but some are transient and
some are a single time step.

I think the reader is going to have to be involved because it will have
access to the time information within the simulation data.

I am glad someone else is interested in this feature.

Thanks,

Brian Dotson

>>> "Dan Goldstein" <dan at cora.nwra.com> 4/3/2006 10:53 AM >>>

I also would be very interested in putting a time annotation on time
series animations.  I am using PV XML format data files. Serial for
now,
but I hope to soon be writing parallel PV XML format data files also,
if
this matters.

On a more general note why does the data reader make such a big
difference on issues like this? My understanding was that all readers
supported the same functionality. A misunderstanding?

   Thanks

Dan

  Brian Dotson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to put time information into a corner annotation.   The
> annotation would be updated each step of the animation.
>
> Is there a way to do this in paraview?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Brian Dotson
> National Energy Technology Laboratory