[Paraview] Paraview running remotely through VNC

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 2 13:32:33 EDT 2005

Renato,

As Bill has alluded to, you should certainly be using the image delivery feature of ParaView. It works remarkably well. :)

Start up a server on the SGI and start up a client on your windows box.

Go to 3D View properties, make sure compositing is 'on' and slide the threshold to 0MB, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the image delivery performance you get (some folks don't even realize what's happening... :)

Brian Wylie - Org 9227
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
(505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833