[Paraview] This is how to run paraview in a cave
tejj at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:02:48 EDT 2005
To clarify that is stereo option 4 in the nvidia driver not quad-buffered
----Original Message Follows----
From: "Terry Jordan" <tejj at hotmail.com>
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [Paraview] This is how to run paraview in a cave
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:52:44 +0000
I assume you could run it in active stereo also if you skip the
Here are the steps to running in a cave environment in passive stereo.
1) Setup your rendering node(s) to run quad-buffered stereo (nvidia
2) Download paraview 2.0.3 (anything above has a problem with hanging).
3) Change VTK_STEREO_RED_BLUE to VTK_STEREO_CRYSTAL_EYES in
paraview-2.0.3/VTK/Rendering/VTKRenderWindow.cxx and make install.
4) Copy the installed paraview dir to all nodes.
3) Create a valid pvx file.
4) Run pvserver either using mpi or for a single machine controlled by
another use pvserver alone: mpirun -np # -machinefile youfile
/location/pvserver /locationyourfile.pvx OR pvserver /location/your.pvx
5) From the host run pvclient with the stereo option: pvclient -sh=yourhost
6) Scale your model accordingly. (important in allowing model/data to appear
in front of screen)
ParaView mailing list
ParaView at paraview.org
More information about the ParaView