[Paraview] Compositing

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 14 16:27:13 EDT 2005

On one visualization cluster I use, I tested both pvserver 2.0.0 and the 07/11 development release in parallel, running the client on my laptop.  I used both processors of each of several 2-processor nodes on the cluster -- nodes that have 1 graphics card apiece.

When I used the "Composite" slider and check box in paraview's "3D View Properties" panel to force compositing above 0.0 MB, the image in the graphics panel looked as though either the frame buffers were not being cleared, or as if both processes on a node were rendering over one another's images.

Yet, when I tried the same thing with pvserver 2.0.0, with the same settings, with another cluster that has 1 graphics card per 2-processor node, the image looked fine.  (On this cluster, I could not test the 07/11 release.)

Should I, in general, expect the munging of the image when running under these conditions?

Randy.
630 252 8690.