[Paraview] compilation error (typecast int* socklen_t* in vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx)

Christoph Moder mail at christoph-moder.de
Mon Nov 21 11:42:25 EST 2005

Hi Mathieu,

>     Can you check you have the proper include file:
>
>     /usr/include/sys/socket.h
>
>     In case you don't have it, do `sudo apt-get install libc6-dev`.
>
>     The only case in which this error could happen would be that you
> installed this package after a first configuration of ParaView. Please
> delete the CMakeCache.txt and redo a cmake configure step.

This include file is available; I have deleted the build directory and
run cmake and make -- but nothing has changed, the error has not
disappeared.

I've put several files that seem to be created by cmake online; maybe
this gives you more information:
http://www.geophysik.lmu.de/~moder/paraview/

Thanks for your help,
Christoph