[Fwd: [Paraview] Run Paraview sort-last on several graphics devices in the same machine]

Qinghuai Gao Qinghuai.Gao at sun.com
Thu Nov 17 20:38:51 EST 2005

Ken:

I come back to this problem again.  I am trying to set the DISPLAY in
the code at MPI_Init.  However, I am not sure this really does the work
as expected because Paraview has a very complicated architecture.
Precisely, I add a paragraph after the MPI_Init in
VTK/Parallel/vtkMPIController.cxx.  Please confirm me this is the right
place to add, or point me where is the right place if this is not.

I can verify that the data is processed by two process by adding a
"Process Id Scalar" filter.

However, how can I verify the render task is assigned to two graphic
cards.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Qinghuai