[Paraview] parallel reader problem

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Nov 17 04:38:00 EST 2005

On Nov 16, 2005 11:48 PM, Dave Semeraro <semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>The failure mode is the client
>loses contact
>with the server and produces a stream of "Could not send tag" errors. I
>import my
>reader into paraview by using the import package function in the file
>menu.
>The failure

I have had troubles with this issue in the past with several parallel
custom readers and if memory serves me right, someone at Kitware even
told me it would not work.

Your next attempt (see below) should work much better. I have myself
done the switch (use PARAVIEW_LOAD_EXTERNAL_MODULE) for all my readers
and they work fine

My next attempt will be