[Paraview] Reader Problem

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Mon Nov 14 08:08:13 EST 2005

Berk,

I use the following code to attach the arrays to the mesh.

if(first == 0) {
   output->GetCellData()->SetScalars(cell_data_array[j]);
} else {
   output->GetCellData()->AddArray(cell_data_array[j]);
}

where output is a vtkUnstructuredGrid, and cell_data_array is an array
of pointers to vtkFloatArrays.

I am not using a debugger, but I will run in valgrind and see what I
come up with.

Thanks for the help.

Brian Dotson

>>> "Berk Geveci" <berk.geveci at gmail.com> 11/10/2005 3:28 PM >>>

How are you associating the data with the vtk dataset? Do you read an
array and hand it to a vtk array? Also, can you run in a debugger and
get a track trace? If you are running on Linux, valgrind would be even
better.

-Berk

On 11/10/05, Brian Dotson <Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov> wrote:Hi all,

I wrote a custom reader that brings our simulation results into
ParaView.

The data is an unstructured grid with multiple timesteps.  The cells
are either hexahedron or wedges.  The data I attach to the mesh is
mostly scalar with a few vectors.

With most of the simulation results we look at the reader looks fine,
but some of the data sets cause the following error.

free(): invalid pointer 0xc2f7f70!

This error happens after my code executes and I have returned the
unstructured grid over to ParaView.

I have done the following to debug the problem:

1. I checked the number of arrays that I am attaching to the mesh and
the NumberOfCellFields variable, these match.

2. I checked the MaxId of all the arrays.  These match the cell count.

3. When I turn all the cell arrays off, I don't get the errors, and the
mesh loads.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Brian Dotson
National Energy Technology Laboratory
Department of Energy