[Paraview] Tcl installation path in 2.4.0

Neil Carlson nnc at newmexico.com
Wed Nov 9 22:40:02 EST 2005

I am trying to build a FC3 rpm for 2.4.0 using the same procedure
I successfully used for 2.2.1, but I am having problems with the
compiled-in Tcl path that I am unable to resolve.

I want to install each version of paraview into its own tree and
not scattered about like the default setup.  Building an rpm, I
also need to install it into a temporary root (rpm_build_root)
and not /.  To this end I tweaked the CMakeLists.txt file to set
the PV_INSTALL_{LIB,INCLUDE,DATA}_DIR variables to simply
${PV_INSTALL_ROOT}/{lib,include,share}.  I also set
TclTk_INSTALL_LIB_DIR to ${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR}.  (I note that the
2.4.0 CMakeLists.txt file included this latter change too.)  When
I ran cmake, I set PV_INSTALL_ROOT to /opt/paraview/2.4.0, and
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /var/tmp/paraview.

The 2.4.0 rpm installs everything where I intended, and paraview
runs fine if I invoke it with the full path.  But if I add the
bin directory to my path, and invoke it with just 'paraview' I
get the following error message:

ParaView error: InitializeTcl failed
Tcl_Init error: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
directories:
    /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4 /opt/src/rpm/lib/tcl8.4 /opt/src/lib/tcl8.4 ...

I don't know where it's picking up those directories, but none of
them are correct (obviously); it's in /opt/paraview/2.4.0/lib/tcl8.4

As I said before, this same build procedure with 2.2.1 works absolutely
correctly.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I really don't understand
cmake.

Thanks!
--
Neil Carlson <nnc at newmexico.com>