[Paraview] KWWidgets build - .res file problems

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Nov 8 09:57:11 EST 2005

Hi Sebastien,

it seems the Borland compiler prefers to create .lib
and .obj files first for the .cxx examples in KWWidgets/Examples
with .res files and then on the second round of compiling create the
.exe and link in the resource file to it.  So the compiler wants
bcc32 -c (compile to object)
and then again without -c
I'm not sure how to do this with CMake though...
I also had to add the following Borland directive to get
the resource to link (for example, after the #includes in
KWSimpleWindowExample.cxx) :

#pragma resource "KWSimpleWindowExample.res"

Also, in the root CMakeLists.txt file, why do you link
htmlhelp.lib to KWWidgets.lib ?  I ran into a (name mangling?)
problem:
Error: unresolved external 'HtmlHelpA' referenced from
KWWIDGETS.LIB|vtkKWApplication

so I commented out
   # INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${HTML_HELP_INCLUDE_PATH})
   # TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(KWWidgets ${HTML_HELP_LIBRARY} )
   # SET (KWWIDGETS_HAS_HTML_HELP 1)
 # ELSE(HTML_HELP_INCLUDE_PATH AND HTML_HELP_LIBRARY)

in the root CMakeLists.txt to try to compile the examples.
I thought the HtmlHelp compiler was only needed for the
doxygen scripts.

Dean